What was that?
Oh, it was just the wind. Or was it? This is a hour where it would be wise for one such as yourself to be in their warm bed, surrounded by lights and behind a firmly bolted door. It is an hour for shadows and all the things that lurk within them to make an appearance, and they are very, very hungry...
Welcome to the horror scenario meme, were your poor unfortunate muses will find themselves living through their very own personal horror movie. All you have to do to get started is to post with your muses, and a helpful header giving their name and canon.
When you tag someone's muse, you should do the following:
* Go to the Random Number Generator and set it for 1-10. Each number will correspond to a horror movie scenario your characters will be experiencing.
* Be sure to include the number of the scenario in the header when you tag someone else.
*Finally, clarify if your muse will be an ally who will help their character hopefully survive, or a monster who will try to bring them to a gruesome end.
1) Haunted House: Perhaps a relative you never knew you had left it to you in your will. Maybe you're being paid by an eccentric billionaire to spend the night. Or maybe you just went in on a dare. Whatever the reason, it seems you're spending the night in a house that very much does not want you there, and it will be doing its level best to see to it you do not reach morning.
Inspiration: The Haunting (1963), The Shining, The Others, Paranormal Activity
2) Zombie Movie: Something is very wrong outside. You've been hearing rumors about strange outbreaks of some mystery disease, perhaps related to that accident at that mysterious chemical lab a couple weeks back, or maybe the strange rituals that have been spotted in the back woods. Whatever caused it, though, you only have until the screaming starts to learn the truth: Hell is full, and the dead have risen, and they are very hungry. Try not to get bit.
Inspiration: Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, 28 Days Later, World War Z, Left4Dead
3) Slasher Film: The bodies have been racking up all night, and now it looks like it is your turn. There is a murderer out there hungry for vengeance, thrills, or just for blood, but whatever they are, human or something else, they are after you. The phones have been cut, your tires have been slashed, and all the police are either busy or convinced you're telling them a prank. For better or worse, you're on your own.
Inspirations: Friday the 13th, Scream, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre
4) Trapped with the Monster: There are any number of ways you might have gotten here. Maybe your bus broke down, your boat sank, your car ran out of gas, or something destroyed your transport after you arrived. Whatever the reason, you're not leaving this deserted island, cabin in the woods, crippled space ship or underwater lab anytime soon, and there's something out there that's howling in the mists and scratching at the walls. Hopefully those doors will hold until help arrives. If it arrives...
Inspirations: Dog Soldiers, Jurassic Park, Aliens
5) Arctic Research Station: There was something under the ice, something that should have stayed buried forever. Unfortunately someone dug far too deep, and now what was buried is loose in your base. Bad enough that a blizzard has cut you off completely from the outside world, but whatever is in here with you can look like anyone, or anything. Best be careful who you trust, because turning your back on the wrong friend could be the last thing you ever do.
Inspirations: John Carpenter's The Thing, X-Files Season 1: Ice, The Mountain of Madness
6) You Shouldn't Be Here: This is a place built by something very old, older than man, older than our world, perhaps even older than time. A buried ruin, an alien artifact, a city that has risen from the waves, or a town that is not on any of the maps. All you know for sure is that human eyes were never supposed to see the like, and if you don't leave soon then you will be driven mad as this place twists your own thoughts, desires, and fears against you, turning your very mind into the enemy. The only problem is, the way you came in no longer seems to be there...
Inspirations: The Call of Cthulhu, Michael Crichton's Sphere, the Silent Hill games, In The Mouth of Maddness, Event Horizon
7) Abduction: They came for you in the night. You don't know who, or what, they are, maybe they're aliens, or fairies, or something worse, but whatever they are they are very interested in you, and they do not seem too concerned with making you comfortable. Luckily whatever they did to take you has worn off, and one of your restraints is loose, so maybe, just maybe, you can escape before your captors come back to finish what they started. Unless, of course, that's what they want you to do...
Inspirations: UFO (television series), Star Trek TNG: Schisms, It Came From Outer Space, Coraline, Pan's Labyrinth.
8) Victorian Horror: Something lurks in these mist filled streets, passing over rain slicked cobblestones and peering out of the black maws of alleyways. This is not a hour for decent folk, but if you were decent you would not have found yourself here. The warm glow of the tavern seems miles away, and before you reach it you must survive the blades and fangs of the predators that thrive on society's contempt for the unfortunate.
Inspirations: From Hell, Dracula, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Return to Castle Ravenloft, The Wolfman
9) Loss of Senses: 'Can't call to mum
Can't say a word
You're gonna die screaming
But you won't be heard'
Something has come to your home, and they've taken a very special prize from you, one of your senses. Perhaps you cannot see, cannot speak, cannot hear. For some this may not be a problem, they have lived their lives just fine without such an ability, but if you have grown up relying on a particular way of interacting with the world, then its sudden loss can be a horrifying feeling. Especially since whatever took it from you now wants to take something else, something much more...tangible. Perhaps you're heart will do...
10) Choose your own scenario, or make up a horror scenario that has been missed.
Good luck, and don't forget to never answer the phone, never go into the basement, and always, always-